How do I become a volunteer tutor?
Second - watch the video below. See what it takes and why it's awesome to be a volunteer tutor:
- Tutor a learner twice a week for 45 minutes to an hour
- Complete a quick report immediately following your tutoring session
- Attend a one-hour continuing education training every other month
- It takes about 100 hours of tutoring to move up a grade level
- 6 months is about 50 hours of instruction
- Meet remotely or in-person
Third, fill out the application below. Once you fill that out you'll receive an e-vite a couple weeks before our next training. RSVP there if you are able to make it.
And last, attend tutor training and continuing education workshops.
The first training will be about our program, how adults learn, and how to get started working with an adult basic education (ABE) or English language learner (ELL).
Continuing Education trainings will be every other month and feature new strategies and tools you can use with your learners.