Goldy Luck and the Three Pandas by Natasha Yim
A favorite fairy tale set in a bustling contemporary Chinatown.
It's Chinese New Year, and Goldy Luck’s mother wants her to take a plate of turnip cakes to the neighbors. The Chans aren’t home, but that doesn’t stop Goldy from trying out their rice porridge, their chairs, and their beds—with disastrous results.
In this funny and festive retelling of Goldilocks and the Three Bears, Natasha Yim and Grace Zong introduce a plucky heroine who takes responsibility for her actions and makes a new friend (and a whole plate of turnip cakes!), just in time for Chinese New Year.
- Luck - to have good things happen to you
- Habit - something you always do
- Sampled - to have a small part of something
- Demand - to tell or ask in a rough way
- Fluster - confused or nervous