Magic Ramen by Andrea Wang
Inspiration struck when Momofuku Ando spotted the long lines for a simple bowl of ramen following World War II. Magic Ramen tells the true story behind the creation of one of the world's most popular foods. Every day, Momofuku Ando would retire to his lab--a little shed in his backyard. For years, he'd dreamed about making a new kind of ramen noodle soup that was quick, convenient, and tasty for the hungry people he'd seen in line for a bowl on the black market following World War II. Peace follows from a full stomach, he believed. Day after day, Ando experimented. Night after night, he failed. But Ando kept experimenting. With persistence, creativity, and a little inspiration, Ando succeeded. This is the true story behind one of the world's most popular foods.
- Outrageous - something that is bad or wild in a shocking way
- Nutritious - food that is good and healthy for the body
- Brittle - something that is hard but can be broken easily
- Tender - easy to chew
- Instant - to happen quickly
- Monday, Day One
- Tuesday, Day Two
- Wednesday, Day Three
- Thursday, Day Four
- Friday, July 10th @ 3:30 PM via Google Meet: Interactive Read-Aloud Live!