A Place for Pluto by Stef Wade
Pluto got the shock of his life when he was kicked out of the famous nine. His planet status was stripped away, leaving him lost and confused. Poor Pluto! On his quest to find a place where he belongs, he talks to comets, asteroids, and meteoroids. He doesn't fit it anywhere! But when Pluto is about to give up, he runs into a dwarf planet and finally finds his place in the solar system. This feel-good picture book combines a popular science topic with character education themes of self discovery, acceptance, and friendship.
- Rejected - something or someone that is not wanted
- Comet - a dusty snowball that looks fiery when it orbits the Sun
- Identity - what a person or thing is
- Pardon - to forgive or excuse
- Core - the deepest part of something