The Noisy Paint Box by Barb Rosenstock
"Who's in charge here?"
When Grace learns about the three branches of the United States government, she and the rest of the student council put the lesson into practice as they debate how to spend the money from a school fund-raiser. The arguments continue as they travel to Washington, DC, for a field trip. Grace feels closer than ever to her dream of becoming president someday, but she and her classmates have a lot to learn about what it means to serve the needs of the people, especially when the people want such different things!
- Proper - the right or correct way to do something
- Stiff - something that does not move
- Crimson - a dark red color
- Ancient - something that is old or from the past
- Abstract - art made up of shapes and colors
- Flexible - the ability to make something new or something that is one-of-a-kind
- What do you like to make or create? Write about it in your journal.
- In The Noisy Paintbox, young Vasily heard music in his head, as he mixed colors to paint in his own creative way.
Check out Literacy Lunch with Lee for free English lessons--new videos are focused on the featured interactive read-aloud.