LMS OST Network Partners
Literacy Mid-South, as the convener of the LMS Out-of-School Time Network, works with the following partners to support out-of-school time learning across Shelby County. If you are interested in having your child attend a Literacy Mid-South supported program or are interested in volunteering in our network, please contact us, or click through to find information from our partners' websites. Check out a map of program locations below.
- Agape Child & Family Services
- Emmanuel Center, Inc.
- Memphis Athletic Ministries
- Catholic Charities of West Tennessee
- Y-CAP | YMCA of Memphis & the Mid-South
- YMCA of Memphis & the Mid-South
- Neighborhood Christian Center
- Project Transformation
- City of Memphis Parks and Neighborhoods (Community Centers)
- Red Door Urban Missions
- Memphis Public Library
- For The Kingdom
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Memphis
- Refugee Empowerment Program
Literacy Mid-South OST Programs 2021/22
COVID-19's impact on summer and after-school programming has been substantial. Literacy Mid-South and our network of out-of-school time providers have worked tirelessly to ensure the K-5 students we serve continue to be engaged in reading and literacy activities to help mitigate learning loss.
For summer and after-school 2021/22, LMS Out-of-School Time Network partners will provide a variety of programming supported by Literacy Mid-South:
- Some will offer in-person programming supported by books from the LMS Libib Library
- Some will offer fully virtual programming supported by books from the LMS Libib Library
- SUMMER ONLY: Most locations will distribute Literacy Mid-South's weekly, K-5 Lit Bags containing: a RAZ printed grade-level book, related activity sheets, family newsletter, and a social-emotional learning tool
- Some will offer in-person or remote BookNook learning experiences for K-5 students
- Some will participate in an exciting new pilot powered by a partnership between Learning Ovations, Stand for Children, and Literacy Mid-South.
- SUMMER ONLY: Literacy Mid-South will provide daily interactive read-aloud videos. Check out the series from 2020: Virtual Summer 2020.
Literacy Mid-South SUMMER ONLY supports will run from June 21, 2021 to August 13, 2021. Our after-school supports are ongoing.
Take a look below at the programs supported by Literacy Mid-South. Find your address & see who's closest to see what supports & resources you can find in your neighborhood.
Expand the map legend with the square icon in the top, left corner for a detailed list of partners & locations, or click the square in the top, left corner to expand the map to its own window.