Bluff City Baby AmeriCorps Member, Start Date - 06/07/2021
This is a national public service opportunity--a year-long, full-time, paid volunteer opportunity. Requires full-time commitment (M-F; 9-5)
The Welcome Bluff City Baby AmeriCorps VISTA member seeks to build the capacity of the Welcome Bluff City Baby (WBCB) program--an initiative of Literacy Mid-South’s Read901 community-wide literacy campaign in partnership with the Urban Child Institute and Methodist South Hospital. WBCB provides gifts to new families that have been designed to encourage early literacy activities. The WBCB AmeriCorps VISTA member will build the logistical capacity of the program, establish and grow community partnerships, and support the branding and communication of the program.
Objectives of the Service Term
- Assess the current logistical capacity of the WBCB program. Assess policies, procedures, and documents related to partnerships that make WBCB possible.
- Build the logistical capacity of WBCB to ensure the smooth delivery of gifts to new families.
- Set-up outreach systems and build partnerships with community members to develop targeted marketing materials for WCBC.
- Identify resources and items to be included in WBCB gifts to new families.
- Ensure sustainability of work completed during the service year through documentation, conversations, and trainings.
- Project Management
- Youth Development
- Navigating Social Media
- Big Picture Thinking
- Technology Savvy
- Relationship Builder
- Team Work
If you are interested in serving with Literacy Mid-South & the Read901 team, please navigate to our AmeriCorps service opportunity to apply.