Join the LMS Team
Literacy Mid-South strives to bring the most talented people to our work. We are looking for smart, dedicated people interested in our mission & the passionate about the Memphis community.
Are you interested in the work Literacy Mid-South is doing? Would you like to be a part of our team?
Data & Technology Analyst
Job Title: Data & Technology Analyst
As a member of the Information Management team, the Data & Technology Analyst will support Literacy Mid-South, partners, and clients to manage and use educational data and technology to continuously improve literacy outcomes in Shelby County, Tennessee. This position will support Literacy Mid-South's vision for 100% literacy across the Mid-South.
Summary of responsibilities:
● Manage Student Information Systems and other data systems.
● Write SQL queries to retrieve and merge data from multiple data sources.
● Write scripts to enhance the functionality of in-house software systems.
● Respond to data and report requests from different levels of internal and external
stakeholders in a timely manner.
● Support processes and strategies for collecting, managing, and reporting data at the Out-of-School Time partnership network, program, and student levels.
● Support processes and strategies for collecting, managing, and reporting data for the adult learning program.
● Support evidence-based processes toward improving student outcomes.
● Support partner organizations in their use of data and technology through training,
coaching, and customer service.
● Provide IT support for LMS systems.
● Bachelor's degree in relevant field required, including but not limited to Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Educational Technology, and a Social Science field with adequate quantitative and technology preparation.
● One year or more experience in data analytics and 3 years of professional experience.
● Working knowledge of DBMS and writing SQL queries.
● Ability to learn and adapt to new technology tools quickly.
● Experience preparing and reporting descriptive data to non-technical people in clear verbal and written narrative, tabular, and graphical formats.
● Demonstrated experience working with medium to large datasets using MS Excel and/or MS Power BI or another BI tool is a plus.
● Experience with CRM databases is a plus.
● Ability to maintain strict data privacy and confidentiality.
Qualities and Requirements:
● Strong problem-solving skills.
● Interest in improving literacy outcomes of children in Memphis & Shelby County, TN.
● Strong attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, ability to operate with limited
● Proven ability to collaborate and communicate with team members.
● Customer service aptitude.
● Passion for literacy.
● Available to work evenings and weekends as required.
● Required reliable transportation and proof of automobile insurance.
● Able to lift 30 pounds.
● Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Salary/Compensation: $50,000 to $55,000 annually
Please send resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the qualifications for this position to: careers [at] literacymidsouth [dot] org.