Read901 Reading A-Z Assessors Needed!
Join a county-wide effort to help our elementary students read at grade level.
Throughout the year, organizations around Shelby County provide out-of-school (summer & after-school) time programs for elementary students. Research and experience tells us students can benefit from a variety of engaging programming--including academic. Literacy Mid-South collaborates with a network of partners to support meaningful literacy programming.
We are looking for volunteers to assess elementary students on their reading skills. No education experience necessary. Anyone who likes kids can be a great assessor.
Register for the Reading A-Z assessor training below, which will allow you to volunteer with many of our community partners:
Read901 Out-of-School Time Partners
Literacy Mid-South, as the convener of the Third Grade Reading Collaborative Action Network, works with the following partners to support out-of-school time learning across Shelby County. If you are interested in having your child attend a Read901 supported program or are interested in volunteering in our network, please contact us, or click through to find information from our partners' websites.
- Agape Child & Family Services
- Camp Love & Learn | Catholic Charities of West Tennessee
- Emmanuel Center
- Knowledge Quest
- Memphis Athletic Ministries
- Refugee Empowerment Program
- Y-CAP | YMCA of Memphis & the Mid-South
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Memphis
- Camp Favour | Mt. Gilead Baptist Church
- Memphis Teacher Residency
- Neighborhood Christian Center
- Girls, Inc. of Memphis
- Project Transformation
- City of Memphis Community Centers
- OneFamily Memphis