Title: Administrative Assistant Date: August 21, 2019
Schedule: M-F 8:30-2:30pm
Position Overview: The Administrative Assistant reports to the Executive Director. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing support and managing the activities of the Literacy Mid-South office. A strong candidate will possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and be able to anticipate needs and suggest ways to resolve them.
- Performs all administrative duties and clerical functions in order to ensure streamlined day-to-day business operations of Literacy Mid-South
- Answers telephone and handles all requests in a polite and professional manner. Immediately routes callers to the appropriate party
- Processes all incoming mail and general emails and distributes/forwards accordingly.
- Writes and distributes email, correspondence memos, letters, and forms
- Manages the Executive Director’s calendar by scheduling all meeting requests. Anticipates potential scheduling conflicts and handles business with confidentiality
- Maintains a steady inventory of all office supplies by placing orders or running office errands as necessary
- Oversees facilities maintenance of the LMS office including equipment, furniture, copier, IT, etc. Places service requests to building maintenance, Comcast, Novacopy, etc. as necessary
- Coordinates staff meetings, outings, or lunches. Including but not limited to: setting up/clean up, arranging catering, tracking attendance, etc.
- May be asked to make travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel reservations
- Attends staff and leadership team meetings and takes minutes
- Prepares invoices and keeps financial records for Finance Manager
- Coordinates and maintains relationships with external vendors. Anticipates contract renewals and keeps updated contact lists
- May be called upon to assist with special projects and assume responsibility for the development, administration, and promotion of specific projects, as requested
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested
- Generally anticipates the needs of the office to ensure smooth operation
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Passion for literacy
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or at least 3 years of experience, providing clerical support for a nonprofit is a plus
- Excellent computer skills with demonstrated success in maintaining records. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Calendar. Adaptable to learning other technologies
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and be a positive representation of LMS
- Demonstrated success with excellent customer service
- Familiarity with Memphis community preferred
- Excellent written and verbal skills required
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, self-regulated, organized, and able to meet deadlines
- Available to work evenings and weekends as required
- Required reliable transportation and proof of automobile insurance
- Able to lift 30 pounds
- Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
Please send a cover letter and resume to info [at] literacymidsouth [dot] org.